Southern Tracks Recording Studio - Welcome to - The Next Big Thing - 2020 - Competition Terms and Conditions
Want to spend three days in a Pro Production Studio and Record 3 of your own songs!!!!!! This is your chance, we are giving away free studio time to 5 (five) competition winners in 5 category's. We will Produce, Mix and Master your songs, and put it on Spotify, Apple music, Deezer, and YouTube and promote you and your music on our website + a Master CD ready for production.
We know not everybody can afford to record at a pro studio these days, so this will be a type of crowd funding project and the 5 best participants in 5 different category's will each win 3 songs produced, mixed and mastered in a pro studio.
With that said the entry fee will be R150 per entry and you can enter as many times as you like. You can even nominate someone by entering a potential candidate or just sponsor the event.
All participants will WhatsApp their entries to +27 65 882 7673
The entry will have your name, a .mp3 file attached (you can record yourself on your phone, laptop or however you choose but it must be a .mp3 file), a photo of the participant, what genre you are submitting (style of music) and proof of EFT payment.
Do not miss an opportunity of a lifetime!!!!!
Southern Tracks Recording Studio will choose 25 finalists - 5 finalists in each category - and You the participants will choose the 5 (five) winners in each category on our YouTube channel and our Facebook page...so there can be no cheating as You decide the winner!!!
By participating in this competition, entrants agree to the rules set out below.
- This competition is limited to residents of South Africa only. In addition, the following people shall not be eligible to participate in this competition:
- Persons under the age of 18 years without written consent of parents or legal guardian.
- Any employees or family of Southern Tracks Studio.
- The competition shall commence on 10 May 2020 and will end on 30 June 2020.
- No entries received after 30 June 2020 will be considered.
- To enter the participant agrees to pay R150 as Competition/Funding entry fee made per EFT to: Capitec, Mr. AM Meyer, Savings Account: 1680023886, Branch Code: 470010
To participate in this competition, entrants must adhere to the following:
- Five categories: (You can enter in one or more)
- Hip Hop, R&B & Soul
- Pop, Rock and Indie
- Under 14 years of age, any genre
There will be one winner in each category, thus there are 5 (five) prizes to be won.
- You can enter as many times as you like in your choice of category, or even in more than one category. (please state if you are a group or solo artist)
- Entries must be a .mp3 file. Record yourself on your phone, laptop or whatever means you have available, free styling, singing, playing an instrument or producing. Backing tracks can be used.
- Quality is not relative, we know talent.
- Recordings must not be longer than 1 minute and 30 seconds.
- only mp3's allowed
- Include a photo of yourself and confirmation of EFT made
- Send it to us via WhatsApp - 065 882 7673 and a group link will be send
- Closing date 30 June 2020
- Voting will start 1Juky 2020 at 6:00 am and end 25 July 2020 at 12:00 pm this will be done on our YouTube channel, the link will be send to all participants.
- Participants must visit the Southern Tracks Facebook page: (@southerntracksrecordings) validate their entry with a like, share and a comment. (Make sure the same name is used on the Facebook page as in the WhatsApp entry).
- 5(five) winners will be drawn on 1st August 2020. Southern Tracks reserves the right to screen the entrants’ submissions and a winner will be select by participants through our YouTube channel and or our facebook page. The winners will be announced on the 3 August 2020 on the Facebook page.
- The Prize:
Each winner will receive 3 (three) days in the studio:
- Preparing, composing and per-production of 3(three) songs
- Recording of three songs
- Mixing and mastering
The winners will receive 3 Master CD’s
- Normal CD 44.1 kHz at 16bit (playable on all standard CD players)
- Tracks mastered for, Soundcloud, Apple, Deezer and YouTube
- Disk mastered for radio play
- All digital coding will be done as prescribed
NB: Please take note that between days the sound engineer will have 2 working days to put comping, tracking and production elements in place, in other words 2 days will pass between bookings in studio.
Note: No CD copies, covers or inlays are included but can be purchased as an optional extra at a discounted price from Southern Tracks Recording Studios.
Note: Accommodation and Transport to and from Southern Tracks Recording Studios in Springs Gauteng will be at the winners own cost and not the responsibility of any third party.
NB: All Productions must be finished by 1 November 2020, all studio bookings will be arranged as per Southern Tracks Recording Studios schedule and as they see fit.